Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

Today's cutting out and some rummaging results

Didn't get too much done on the sewing front today as I went to the last event in the Fringe earlier on but I have managed to fit in some cutting out this afternoon. This is going to be a long sleeved top and is my first Burda pattern ever. Yes ever! When I used to sew, years ago, the small fabric shop I practically stalked, didn't sell Burda and I have to say this was in the days before the big interweb-thingy that's revolutionised our lives so much. Anyway, as I was saying before I distracted myself, the fabric is a poly-cotton from Edinburgh Fabrics. Just managed to get the end of the roll, 1.7m, and just enough to lengthen everything that needs to be lengthened for my longer frame. Result!

Oh look, it's another bright fabric!
The other thing I have to confess is that I am a big paisley pattern fan. If it's got paisely pattern, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Can't resist it. Ever.

So, tomorrow I'll be sewing Burda 6984, the long sleeved version. There's something about the instructions for the neckline that I cannot for the life of me work out but I'm hoping that it will all become clear when I'm actually sewing it. The front neck is pleated, which is fine, and the neck edge on either side of the pleats is finished with bias binding which stops at either side of the pleats. So I can't see how the raw edge of the pleats will be finished. I'll let you know how it works out.


The other thing I did today was have a good rummage around my old favourite British Heart Foundation charity shop in Dalry Road and came away with some jewellery. I think some of it might go very well with my bright skirts. What do you think?

Actually looking around all those bits and pieces of jewellery made me realise that you could buy some necklaces and use the beads to embellish clothes and jumpers. Each of these necklaces was £1.50, cheaper than buying beads from a shop. Anyone done this?

No comments:

Post a Comment