Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Mission Impossible!

Reading the latest post on Did you make that? about a great new book called Learn to sew with Lauren which is aimed at sewing beginners made me realise there is still so much I need to learn. My big Mission Impossible is making rouleaux strips. I just can't for the life of me make them and if my life depended on it, it would be 'Adios, amigos'! I even bought a metal hook-tool that's supposed to help me turn the dratted things inside out but it always ends up with me throwing fabric in the bin in disgust. I usually do a lot of folding of fabric, steam ironing (and scalding!) and sewing. then of course more steam ironing as I cannot sew anything without steam ironing it afterwards. Maybe a few bad words are uttered too. What's your Mission Impossible and how do you get round it?

No comments:

Post a Comment