Pages

Wednesday 1 June 2016

It's another pair of jeans!

Here's one thing ticked off my Me Made May To Sew list already! I identified jeans as being a gap in my wardrobe! Yes, they are another pair of Named Jamie jeans, how I love that pattern now I've got the alterations to my liking. I also think I'm turning into quite a Named patterns fan-girl. Their patterns are real slow-burners for me. I see the pattern release and think they're ok and a few weeks or months later I suddenly love it and buy the pattern. And of course, they design for tall women (5'8") and I'm 5'9" so adding length isn't such a radical operation as it can be and this could go some way to explaining their attraction.


The fabric is a stretch denim from Mandors in Glasgow, bought during a weekend there in April. I liked the fabric so much I bought 5 metres of it as it's really difficult finding just the right weight of stretch denim in a nice colour. My hands do take on a blue tinge with the dye when working with this fabric even though I pre-washed it. I didn't do contrast top stitching, just used a dark navy thread. I got my hammer out and added a jeans button but no rivets as I wanted these to be 'low key' jeans. 

Good back pocket placement
I didn't add belt loops as I can't stand belts tied around my middle. I'm realising that I have a mega-short waist. My usual alterations are adding 1" to the rise and 4" to the length of the legs. I also take a huge chunk out of the centre back seam, tapering it in till the yoke. I love the curved waistband on this pattern. I'm usually absolutely useless at straight waistbands but curved ones are the way forward for me. It uses up more fabric but the fit is so much better. 

Secret Paisley pattern pockets
I love my new jeans! Just need another pair now as these are in the wash...

4 comments:

  1. They do look good! I like the denim colour too - and your pocket lining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the denim is a 'nice denim' colour, not solid. It has a bit of texture to it. And scraps of cotton are never wasted for me, they come in very handy for pocket linings. Paisley is also to be treasured!

      Delete
  2. Great jeans, I very much like your secret paisley pockets! Your entire outfit here is very beautiful. Love that floral fabric and how the cardigan you paired it with matches so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments and I'm sorry for not replying sooner. It's been a while since I took a good look at my blog, so I must do better in the future. I'd never noticed how well the cardigan matches the top!

      Delete