Sunday 29th May
Named Jamie Jeans - still unblogged and still hanging my head in shame!
Autumnal flowers jersey top
Monday 30th May
Black Ultimate trousers
Flower print shirt
Tuesday 31st May
Animal print big shirt - love this! Need to make more of them.
Fleece - although to be honest it's getting a bit warm to wear it. Even in our flat!
So, the important bit. What have I learnt:
- Quite a lot of my clothes were sewn quite a long time ago. This has been a big revelation!
- There are some pieces that I wear every week because I just love wearing them.
- I haven't taken photos every day and for the most part I'm happy with this. Last year it became a huge chore to do a daily photo.
- There are some things I need to add to my sewing list (see below)
- I still seem to be building up my handmade wardrobe and start each season panic-sewing (eg. trousers). By the end of that season I have enough pairs but then the next season begins and the cycle starts again.
- I need to make sure I blog my makes! Quite a few of my clothes were unblogged.
What do I need to sew:
- More jeans - I'd like to try a slightly different style as I'm using Named Jamie jeans pattern and it's nice to try something new.
- Sew a swimsuit in a patterned fabric
- Summer pyjamas - I need at least one more pair but I have got some fabric set aside
- Summer trousers - I need some cotton/linen trousers in different styles to get through the next few months -both for work and for leisure time
- Transition/lighter weight jackets. I just can't seem to find a decent pattern and haven't sewn up any. The situation is DIRE!
- Summer cardigans
- Woven t-shirts would be great for work
- Scarves - my collection is getting quite old now and some of them need to be retired and replaced. I'm wondering if I can sew some up?
Well, did you participate in me Made May this year? What have you learnt and has your sewing list just got much longer too?!