Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Me Made May round up

And here are the last few days of Me Made May 2016. Plus a few thoughts and what I'm going to sew as a result:

Sunday 29th May
Named Jamie Jeans - still unblogged and still hanging my head in shame!
Autumnal flowers jersey top
Pyjamas
Fleece

Monday 30th May
Black Ultimate trousers
Flower print shirt
Pyjamas
Fleece

Tuesday 31st May
Animal print big shirt - love this! Need to make more of them.
Swimsuit
Pyjamas
Fleece - although to be honest it's getting a bit warm to wear it. Even in our flat!

So, the important bit. What have I learnt:

  • Quite a lot of my clothes were sewn quite a long time ago. This has been a big revelation! 
  • There are some pieces that I wear every week because I just love wearing them. 
  • I haven't taken photos every day and for the most part I'm happy with this. Last year it became a huge chore to do a daily photo.
  • There are some things I need to add to my sewing list (see below)
  • I still seem to be building up my handmade wardrobe and start each season panic-sewing (eg. trousers). By the end of that season I have enough pairs but then the next season begins and the cycle starts again.
  • I need to make sure I blog my makes! Quite a few of my clothes were unblogged. 

What do I need to sew:

  • More jeans - I'd like to try a slightly different style as I'm using Named Jamie jeans pattern and it's nice to try something new.
  • Sew a swimsuit in a patterned fabric
  • Summer pyjamas - I need at least one more pair but I have got some fabric set aside
  • Summer trousers - I need some cotton/linen trousers in different styles to get through the next few months  -both for work and for leisure time
  • Transition/lighter weight jackets. I just can't seem to find a decent pattern and haven't sewn up any. The situation is DIRE!
  • Summer cardigans
  • Woven t-shirts would be great for work
  • Scarves - my collection is getting quite old now and some of them need to be retired and replaced. I'm wondering if I can sew some up?

Well, did you participate in me Made May this year? What have you learnt and has your sewing list just got much longer too?!

No comments:

Post a Comment